Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Decluttering, Oragnizing, and Cleaning...


Organization and decluttering is a BIG job when you haven't done it in a long time.  I got used to just straightening up my clutter, and hadn't really dug down deep and decluttered each and every room in my house!  I am working my way around the upstairs right now.  The first phase was my closet and bedroom.  I looked at each and every thing and thought, "would I miss this if my house burned down?"....I know, a bit harsh, but it worked!  I have a truckload of stuff to haul out of here, but my room looks so much better!  The next phase was supposed to be paper clutter, but since I really don't have too much of that I decided that this week I would deep clean and declutter Connor's room!  I have it all completely finished and it took just 2 days.  Ethan's room is next, but I need him to be home so that he can help me decide what he wants to get rid of and what he wants to keep.  Maybe this Friday and Saturday I can tackle that big job!  Who knew that organization could be so fulfilling?

No comments: