Thursday, March 17, 2011

Santa Fe Skillet

How to make:
Santa Fe Skillet

What you will need:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion
6 to 8 ounces pasta twists
2 cups salsa
1 cup hot water
4 oz. Velveeta cheese
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup asiago cheese or other type you like
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash cayenne pepper
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
TOPPINGS:
1 - (2 1/4 oz.) can sliced black olives, drained
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream (optional)



1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat; drain. 


2. Stir pasta, salsa, water, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper into the skillet.



3. Bring to a boil. Cover, and cook for 10 min. (if the liquid seems to be all soaking up add a little more water....I did.)  Reduce heat and add your cheeses, stirring until melted.  Re-cover and cook for another 5 to 10 min. until pasta is tender.


4. Stir in diced tomatoes.


5.  Sprinkle with shredded cheese and sliced black olives.  Cover again and heat on low until cheese is melted.  Serve with sour cream if you like.  (We forgot the sour cream and it was still good.)


I made this for dinner last night and it was so good.  I even made Connor some, and took it out before I added the cheese...since he is allergic....and put it over in another little pan and added some spaghetti sauce.  He loved it!  I hope you will try this....it is super easy and delicious!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Yummy....I'm so proud of you! You are the sweetest, bestest mom in the world! And I get to call you "MY daughter!" I love you, my sweet almost 3-0 (notice the space....it's okay if you want to stay 29 forever, it's a girl thing)!

Evan said...

It was delicious, Babe!

ღ Life According To Milo ღ said...

That looks delicious. : ).. I am sooo going to try that!