Saturday, March 26, 2011

~A Shrinky Dink Kind Of Evening~

Remember Shrinky Dinks?  I loved them as a kid.  I specifically remember the Smurf Shrinky Dinks.  While in Books-A-Million this afternoon I came across the clearance bin and I love looking through those.  Well, that is where I found one lone box of Shrinky Dinks Alien Invasion.  I thought it would be a fun and perfect project to do with the boys on this rainy day.  I thought I would share a few pics I took of the boys working on their craft.  Ethan gravitated towards the ones in the box that looked like robots and Connor wanted the little alien men.  Worked for me...they were happy! :)  The box came with it's own hole punch, colored pencils, and a couple of key chains to put them all on.  Needless to say it kept them and me occupied for quite a while....we loved to watch them shrivel and twist in the oven before they flattened and began to shrink.  The whole process in the oven takes no time at all.  I sort of remembered it taking a whole lot longer when I was a kid!









Do you all see Connor sticking his tongue out back there behind Ethan?  He thinks he's pretty funny....lol.




2 comments:

Mom said...

Cool....Love them! I remember when you loved them as a little girl Lisa!

aggieam01 said...

YAY! My favorite were the Smurf ones as well. Shrinky Dinks are way fun!