Thursday, May 19, 2011

~Ethan's Birthday Brownies with Shark Tags~

Ethan was really hoping to bring something to school this year for his birthday.  It's May 28th...the day after the last day of school.  So I asked his teacher and he was able to bring in something today.  Ethan was super excited!  Plus he told me that today was his turn to be "Student of the Day"....he informed me that it was going to "work out perfectly"! :)  I let him decide what I would make for his birthday treat.  I was hoping something along the lines of some cute cupcakes!  Ethan had different ideas...which nearly ended up being a big mess...but we made it work.  He wanted brownies with carmel sauce drizzled all over the top.  I'm sure his teacher was appreciative of how messy they were...lol!  It took me forever to get them all cut and out of the pan without them crumbling to bits.  I guess they were so crumbly because we went with the directions on the box for "cake-like" brownies instead of the regular.  I don't think I would do that again if I am making them to take some where. 

I decided to get a little crafty and make some toothpick tags to go on the top of each one.  Now, those were actually fun to make!  I got out my handy-dandy Cricut machine and cut out some cute, I mean, manly little sharks using the "Life's A Beach" Cricut cartridge.  I set it at 2 inches and they were the perfect size.  Then I just wrote a little something on one side and hot glued a toothpick to the other.  Aren't they neat?  Don't know how I could live without my Cricut! :)









A Little Knick Knack

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT - those are just to cute Lisa. What would we do without our cricuts?? You did a great job. Amanda

Mom said...

Awesome...they are so neat! You are so creative! Thanks for taking pics and adding them to your blog so I could see them! I'm sure the kids enjoyed them today! <3

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Those are really cute ... they'd be great for a pool party this summer!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.