Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce

This spaghetti sauce is amazingly easy to make and taste so good.  Simple, simple...and it's cooked all day in the crock pot so it has the chance to blend the flavors nicely!

Ingredients:
1 to 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (depending on how much meat you like)
1 med. onion, chopped
1 (4 oz) can chopped mushrooms
1 (26 oz) jar of spaghetti sauce
2 (14.5 oz) cans stewed tomatoes
garlic salt or garlic powder
salt and pepper

1. Brown ground beef with onions and mushrooms.

2. After you have browned the meat...put it into your crock pot.

3. Add stewed tomatoes...can drain if you don't like your sauce too thin, and give them a quick chop if you want some smaller pieces (which is what I did, but I didn't drain them).  Add the spaghetti sauce, garlic seasoning, salt and pepper. 

4.  Turn the crock pot on and let the magic happen.  There is just something so good about food being cooked ALL-day.  Gives it such good flavor!  I made 100% whole wheat spaghetti pasta to go with the sauce.  Then made some bread sticks in the oven.  Yum-O!

2 comments:

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

Yeay I LOVE easy crock pot recipes! What a great way to make spaghetti sauce!! I am always on the hunt for new crock pot meals. Bookmarking this! Thank you!

Lisa said...

I'm glad You found something to try. I love my crockpot too!
~Thanks for the comment!