Monday, August 22, 2011

~Connor Owen's First Day Of Kindergarten~

My, My...where has the time gone?  My baby is in Kindergarten this year!  He is one of the older ones too...he will turn six in November.  He has been way too excited for this day to get here!  I've been nervous because of his severe food allergies, but we chose 1/2 day Kindergarten instead of a whole day.  So he will not be eating lunch every day at school this year.  I can relax a little bit, but there will be parties and also birthday cupcakes and snacks all year long.  I bought a good size plastic container and filled it with "safe" food that Connor can have.  That way if  someone has a birthday and brings in cupcakes or cookies...he will not feel left out and still have a treat that he can eat also!  He also has contact allergies...so there is always that chance of him getting into something that way, but usually it is just hives in that area where the offending food touched.  I'm sure I'll still be a bit "worried" about him all year long, but I have to trust that he will be O.K.!  

Connor hopped in the car this afternoon just beaming!  He had a wonderful day and couldn't wait to tell me all about it....which is totally opposite of my older son, Ethan.  You have to pry the words out of him to find out how his day was.  Ethan has always been like that too~!  A lot like his Papa that way, I guess.  And also, unlike Ethan, he was happy to hold up this sign for me to take a picture of him with! :)



This picture was what seemed like a first!  I didn't tell them to put their arms around each other, they just did it! :) (and that's how it should be!)~


Connor at school!


I have gotten a picture every year of Ethan and his teachers on the first and last day of school, and I want to carry on that tradition with Connor!  Here he is with his teacher this year, Mrs. Whitaker.  We LOVE her.  Ethan also had her as his K-5 teacher.


Connor is scoping out his desk!  I think he's gonna like it! :)


My big boy!


I had to snap a picture of Ethan this morning....he looks good in blue!~ :)


So Happy 1st Day of School, Connor!

4 comments:

Lacee said...

Awww your boys are so handsome! Glad he had a great first day of Kindergarten!

Nicole@MissMommy said...

How bittersweet. I experienced this feeling earlier this year when Eve started Prep. I still get butterflies when I see her walk off to school and into her classroom. Such a fleeting moment as a parent. xx

~Mom/Grandma~ said...

Those are so sweet. Made me feel like I was being a part of Connor's first day! Thank you for posting the pictures. He was beaming!! lol. Trust the Lord to get him through one year at a time without any allergy incidents. That's what I'm praying for! Grandma loves her grand-babies!!

Amanda @ little b said...

I'm a new follower over from Miss Mommy :) You have a beautiful family! Such a cute blog!

Amanda from little b