Tuesday, August 30, 2011

French Onion Soup

I was in the mood to make something new today...and this sounded good.  It came out so great and tasted just as yummy!  So I wanted to share the recipe on my blog.  Here it is.....!

French Onion Soup

Ingriedents:

4 onions, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon white sugar
3 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup white cooking wine
1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese

Mmmm.......

Here's what you need:

                   1.  In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onions in the butter or margarine for 10 minutes, or until onions are tender.

These are seriously looking SOOO good! :)  Have I mentioned that I love onions?

2. Stir in the flour, ground black pepper and the sugar to form a pasty mixture.         

The flour soaks up all the liquid and makes sort of a paste.

3. Now add the beef broth, water, parsley and thyme and simmer for 10 minutes, Then add the cooking wine and simmer for 10 more minutes.

4. Preheat oven to broil and toast up some french bread with mozzarella cheese on top.

5. Toss some mozzarella cheese on top and then add the cheesy french bread.  This is seriously SO good and EASY to make!

Linking up w/:






lil luna link party button

6 comments:

Barbara said...

Yumm..that looks good. Bet Evan loved it!

Jessica @ O. Alouette said...

Looks delicious! I love French onion soup.

Amy@Sassy Scarlett said...

Can't wait to try this!

Candice said...

My husband loves French onion soup, but I've never tried (or even thought) to make it. I might have to give it a try...looks easy enough. Thanks for stopping by my blog...happily following you back :)

http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, there! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. Can you share your creative posts at my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there :)

Marie said...

My mom loves french onion soup! I'm going to have to make this for her! Thanks for linking with us at Show & Share!

Marie
mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com