I was in the mood to make something new today...and this sounded good. It came out so great and tasted just as yummy! So I wanted to share the recipe on my blog. Here it is.....!
French Onion Soup
4 onions, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon white sugar
3 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup white cooking wine
1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch slices
8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Here's what you need:
1. In a large pot over medium heat, saute the onions in the butter or margarine for 10 minutes, or until onions are tender.
These are seriously looking SOOO good! :) Have I mentioned that I love onions?
2. Stir in the flour, ground black pepper and the sugar to form a pasty mixture.
The flour soaks up all the liquid and makes sort of a paste.
3. Now add the beef broth, water, parsley and thyme and simmer for 10 minutes, Then add the cooking wine and simmer for 10 more minutes.
4. Preheat oven to broil and toast up some french bread with mozzarella cheese on top.
5. Toss some mozzarella cheese on top and then add the cheesy french bread. This is seriously SO good and EASY to make!
Linking up w/: