Monday, August 15, 2011

Pizza Bites and Vegan Pizza Pockets

I love cooking and recipes and sharing with you the ones that I find A-Mazing!  These little pizza bites really did it for us!  We all loved them.  All 12 were gone in no time flat.  I can see these going in my 4th graders lunch box for school.  He gets stuck on the same thing over and over....peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but he LOVED these.  I originally saw this recipe on Mammas Like Me.  I worked with what I had and made them just a touch different....so here's the recipe~!

Ingredients:

3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1 cup shredded mozz. cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup pepperoni slices, cut up
pizza sauce and ranch dressing for dipping


 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray either a 24-cup mini muffin pan or a 12 cup muffin pan(which is what I used).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pizza seasoning, and salt.

3. Next, whisk in the milk and egg.

4. Add in the chopped pepperoni slices, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.  Let stand for about 10 minutes.


5. Stir the batter and divide into the muffing cups evenly.  Bake until they are puffed and golden brown. 20-25 min. for 24 mini cups and 30 min. for a 12 cup pan.

6. Serve with pizza sauce and/or ranch dressing for dipping.  Mmmm...so delish!

Vegan Pizza Pockets
I made these for Connor (our food allergic son), and he LOVED them.  I just took refrigerator crescent rolls.  Rolled them out flat.  Pinched the perforations together, and cut them in squares.  I added some Daiya Vegan Cheese and Meatless Pepperoni....wrapped them up and baked them in a 350 degree oven until golden brown.  About 10 to 12 minutes.


They turned out so good!  Connor thought they were amazing and couldn't stop smacking his lips and telling me what a great cook I was...lol~ :)


Linked up at:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm...Those do look good! amanda

Nicole@MissMommy said...

Yummm...I saw these on Lacee's blog and thought "DELICIOUS". My kids would love them, and what a great lunch snack.
Definitely making these :)

Danielle said...

We've made the muffins too. They are really good!! We'll have to try the pizza rolls.

Visiting from Homemaking Monday blog hop.
Mama Dani

Jill said...

Thanjs for linking up!! These look great, cant wait to try them!

Jamie said...

Those pizza bites look delicious!!!

About Mrs. G said...

Love these! I'm definitely going to try the pizza bites! I'd love for you to come link up today at Growing up Gardner :)
New follower.
http://growingupgardner4.blogspot.com/2011/08/kidding-around-friday-link-party-818.html

Heather said...

My kids would love these! How fun! http://bellesbazaar-heather.blogspot.com/

Jacki said...

Those are amazing! I had no idea refrigerated crescent dough was vegan! Yum!