I love cooking and recipes and sharing with you the ones that I find A-Mazing! These little pizza bites really did it for us! We all loved them. All 12 were gone in no time flat. I can see these going in my 4th graders lunch box for school. He gets stuck on the same thing over and over....peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but he LOVED these. I originally saw this recipe on Mammas Like Me. I worked with what I had and made them just a touch different....so here's the recipe~!
3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon pizza seasoning or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1 cup shredded mozz. cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup pepperoni slices, cut up
pizza sauce and ranch dressing for dipping
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray either a 24-cup mini muffin pan or a 12 cup muffin pan(which is what I used).
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, pizza seasoning, and salt.
3. Next, whisk in the milk and egg.
4. Add in the chopped pepperoni slices, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese. Let stand for about 10 minutes.
5. Stir the batter and divide into the muffing cups evenly. Bake until they are puffed and golden brown. 20-25 min. for 24 mini cups and 30 min. for a 12 cup pan.
6. Serve with pizza sauce and/or ranch dressing for dipping. Mmmm...so delish!
Vegan Pizza Pockets
I made these for Connor (our food allergic son), and he LOVED them. I just took refrigerator crescent rolls. Rolled them out flat. Pinched the perforations together, and cut them in squares. I added some Daiya Vegan Cheese and Meatless Pepperoni....wrapped them up and baked them in a 350 degree oven until golden brown. About 10 to 12 minutes.
They turned out so good! Connor thought they were amazing and couldn't stop smacking his lips and telling me what a great cook I was...lol~ :)
Linked up at: