Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Ten on Tuesday #5

~Top 10 Books~

#1. Thorn In My Heart, book 1 (pictured), but I loved the whole Lowlands Of Scotland Series.  I flew through these 4 books in record time.  If you are familiar with the Biblical account of Isaac and Rebecca, their twin sons Jacob and Esau, and Jacob's search for a wife will have no trouble figuring out how the plot unwinds. Loved this series!

#2. The Twilight Saga - I don't know who wouldn't like to read these books!  Again, this was another one of those series that I couldn't put down.  My house was a mess all week while I read these 4 books!  The books are better than the movies!

#3. The Notebook - I think I could read just about anything by Nicholas Sparks.  Love stories with a backdrop of the beach and the Carolina's..couldn't get much better!  Next up for me is The Lucky One...that's the next book being made into a movie.  I have to read the book first, though!

#4. Dear John - I read this book right before the movie came out, but I already had Channing Tatum's face in my mind while I read the book because I had seen the movie trailer already, but he was a perfect fit for the character of John.

#5. When Cries The Heart - Cindy Woodsmall definitely has a way with words!  I LOVE all of her books that I have read.  Anything Amish fascinates me.  I would love to take a little vacation up to the Pennsylvania Amish country sometime.  I think I could be Amish if I didn't love my electronics so much...lol~ :)

#6. The Pioneer Woman ~ Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - This book makes me laugh so much....I love it.  Ree is so down to earth and just like the rest of us.  Interesting read!

#7. The Host - Another Stephenie Meyer book that I love!  It's a lot sci-fi, but really good!

#8. The Pact - Jodi Picoult's books all deal with some sort of issue...this book was about a suicide love pact.  Sad, but very interesting!

#9 Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane - I have to throw this one in the mix of books I love!  My husband is a huge comic book fan....and he got me reading some of these type books.  This is one of my favorites!

#10. Water For Elephants - This book was definitely a little "different", but I liked it.  I haven't had the chance to watch the movie yet, but I really want to.  I love Reese Witherspoon who plays one of the main characters~!

Partying at:
Photobucket
Top Ten {Tuesday}

4 comments:

Delaney said...

I love most of these as well! Great choices!
SweetTea Serendipity

Good Girl Gone Green said...

I watched the notebook movie but I am sure the book is even better!

Nicole@MissMommy said...

I love The Notebook too!. I did a similar post a while ago and Jodi Picoult pretty much dominated!. I haven't read The Pioneer Womans book....

Jamie said...

I read that first series and LOVED it. Thank you for reminding me of it.. I need to borrow the books from the library again!