Monday, September 19, 2011

Gluten Free, Dairy Free Pizza

Gluten Free, Dairy Free Pizza

I have had to get a little creative in the cooking department lately.  Since my husband has been diagnosed with "EE" and has to strictly avoid a vast number of food allergies it's been difficult to cook real, and tasty food!  We took a little trip to the Whole Food's Market this morning and found some amazing substitutes for many of our "normal" food staples!

Here is what you need to fix this allergy free pizza~!
Udi's Pizza Crust
Ragu Pizza sauce
Applegate Organics pepperoni
Applegate Organics Salami
Applegate Organics Procuto
Daiya Mozzarella "cheese" shreds


 The other little pizza there is Connor's allergy free one, but it has a regular milk free crust since he can have wheat/gluten.

Put it all together and bake it in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 min.


Evan said it was really good! :)  The "cheese" texture is a little weird, but tastes pretty good and will take a little getting used to!  Overall, I'd say this was a definite "thumbs up"!

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Michelle @ The Willing Cook said...

Thank you for this! I have thought about trying the Daiya "cheese" for my husband and son, but was a little worried about the taste. They would love to have a pizza! My husband needs the Udi's GF crust, but my son can have regular. Perhaps this will be a fun weekend dinner!

Bumber's Bumblings said...

Have you tried Bob's red mill gluten free pizza mix? My husband ate the Udi's crusts until I found this mix. He thinks Bob's is even better than regular pizza!

The mix is usually about $5 and I can make 4 personal size pizza (about Udi's size) out of the mix. I make the crusts in an afternoon, ziploc bag them and freeze them.