Thursday, September 8, 2011

Goals ~ Healthy Eating, Healthy Lifestyle

Fall is right around the corner and what better season to get fit and healthy!  I dragged my feet through Spring and Summer, but I feel like I have been on a nice roll toward my Goal this month!

Setting a goal is easy...it's actually doing it that I stumble around with.  It seems like ever since I had my last baby....who will be 6 years old in Nov.  I've been "trying" and "failing" to lose the weight I want.  I'll go down and then back up in just a matter of months.  A vicious cycle that I am trying really hard to break.  Fad diets don't work for me.  I tend to do well on the diet, but as soon as I start back eating "normal" food.....all that so called weight I lost will find it's way right back!  I know what the answer is....it's finding the TIME to put it into action.....Exercise and a healthy diet!
Good Old Exercise is what a person needs to stay healthy!  Studies show that a person who exercises has an overall healthy body than sedentary people.  That's not to say that a person who is thin is automatically healthy if they don't exercise.  And visa versa! 


I have always loved to exercise...it feels Good.  It seems that when I exercise....I eat better automatically because I tell myself that I am not going to the gym for nothing!  I don't want to ruin all my hard work for the day! 


I'm setting some goals for myself for the month of September.  To get as much exercise as I can, when I can.  I, finally, after  6 years have another gym membership.  Before this past August 2011....I hadn't went to the gym since I was pregnant with my last baby...back in Oct. 2005.  I have eased into going, but I do love it...it's actually addicting.  Pairing cardio with strength training is what I have been doing.  I think it's time for me to try out a few of the classes that my gym offers.  Zumba on Tuesday's and Thursdays!  I think I'm going to give it a try next week!  Hopefully I'll reach my goal of losing 10 pounds the month of Sept.  I'm already 2 pounds down...so 8 more to go!~ :)


I had to throw this picture in there...!  Of course, all the exercise in the world won't make you lose weight unless you couple it with a healthy diet!  That is super important too. 

Right now I am loving low fat yogurt with strawberries and Bear Naked Granola for a yummy, healthy, filling snack! 


AND....at the end of the day....don't forget to smile!  Each day is a new tomorrow.  Don't beat yourself up over something that you ate today....or an exercise you didn't fit in.  Just purpose that in your new tomorrow....you will find the time and will to do it!


My little thoughts for the day!~
I'll let you know next month if I reached my September goals!

1 comment:

Mrs. T said...

Great tips... I have been going vegan recently (yes... GOING vegan. im not rushing myself into it. ive been vegetarian, but not vegan... i've been doing pretty well so far, though!) & really notice a difference in my energy levels!!