Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry (Gluten-Free)

I made this stir-fry a few days ago for dinner.  It was very fresh and scrumptious!  The "Pioneer Woman" is back....finally!  It seemed like I was able to fix dinners pretty regularly until we got stumped up with my husband's new diagnosis of "EE"...if you don't know what that is...you can check it out (HERE)!  So I have been on the prowl for some good recipes.  I didn't use an actual recipe for this, though.  Everyone should pretty much know how to make stir-fry, right?  Well, if not.  I'll inform you in this post!

So to make this...
Orange Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
You will need:
Fresh vegetables - such as -
red, yellow, orange, or green Bell Pepper (one, which is what I used, or all of them :)!
1/2 onion
2 to 3 small yellow squash
head of broccoli
Zuchinni (which I couln't find, therefore, it's not in this dish, but I would have liked it to be!



You will also need stir-fry sauce.
Since my husband is allergic to gluten, dairy and corn among other things.  We searched for some type of sauce that he could have, and here is what we found.
SAN-J Gluten-Free Orange Sauce
&
SAN-J Gluten Free Organic Tamar Soy Sauce

The orange sauce was really good, by the way!  And the soy sauce...tasted just like soy sauce without the wheat!  We bought both of these at Whole Foods Market, but I also saw some gluten-free sauces from the same brand at Ingles.

Next, you'll need some chicken cut into bite size chunks and cooked with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.


Cook your vegetables in a separate pan from the chicken in a little olive oil and soy sauce.  After your chicken is completely cooked through, drain off the liquid and add the vegetables and chicken together.  Drizzle over your Orange sauce (or teriyaki sauce...any type of Asian sauce/glaze that you would prefer) over the cooked vegetables and chicken. 

After it is heated for another minute, serve it right up over a bed of rice! You can add a little extra sauce if you prefer your rice to be saucy too!

My husband can't manage to swallow the chicken right now, so that's his plate in the above pic. and this is mine (with chicken) below! :)


All that's left to do....is....
ENJOY!

Link Up:
 


No comments: