Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ten on Tuesday #11 (FALL)

I absolutely LOVE Fall.  It is definitely one of the loveliest times of the year.  The leaves turn all sorts of brilliant colors and the air is cooler.  These 10 pictures will definitely inspire Autumn to come quickly!  I think of some great poems for this time of year also.  The first one that popped into my head when I thought of Fall was:

Robert Frost's
Nothing Gold Can Stay

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

This was a poem that I learned in English class in High School and it has stuck with me every year.

(ONE)

(TWO)

(THREE)

(FOUR)

(FIVE)

(SIX)

(SEVEN)

(EIGHT)

(NINE)

(TEN)

Autumn Fires
Robert Louis Stevenson

In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail!
Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
The grey smoke towers.
Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer,
Fires in the fall!

Linking up with:


Miss Mommy

Photobucket

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh my, I love all of these! But especially numbers 2 and 4. :-) Thanks for linking up!