Saturday, October 22, 2011

Fun Day At Denver Downs Farm

Today we spent a better part of the day here at Denver Downs.  There is usually a huge corn maze...in fact, the one of the largest corn mazes in the Eastern United States!  The maze covers 12 acres of land...well this year, the corn wouldn't grow due to a drought so they planted sorghum...just to have a little something to walk through.  But the Maze was pretty much useless...unless you wanted some exercise! :)  Luckily, there were lots of other fun activities for the kids. 


~This is an old fashioned water pump table for loads of play! 



~Here's my little "Rule Breaker"...serving his time. lol~


~It was definitely a gorgeous day!  Look at the big blue sky with not a cloud in site. 


~Yep, it was super short.  At least the kids couldn't get lost!



~Ethan and Connor enjoyed all of the hay! 



~Connor tried his best at the sling shot.


~Riding the wagon for a swoop around the farm.


~Cheese...me and my babe!


~Another pic of the gorgeous sky.


~Pumpkin patch~


~And last, but not least...this was one of Connor's favorite things.  Playing in the corn box!


And that was our Saturday in PICTURES! :)

5 comments:

~Mom~ said...

Looks like everyone enjoyed the day. You'll have to go back next year and hopefully the maze will be back to what it usually is. Oh...and I'm so glad you didn't lose any of the kids in that maze this year! lol I love Fall...

Nancy said...

Wow, it was definitely a gorgeous day out there. I would love to try out a corn maze. I need to check around in my area if we have something like that. We just went to a local church that had a small pumpkin patch.

Ashley said...

That looks like so much fun! I especially love the pumpkin sling shot. My hubby would like it. :)

Kristin said...

What fun! I'm hoping to head to one this weekend!

Mommyblogger said...

Now that looks like a fun Saturday! Too bad about the maze but looks like the kids had lots of other activities to keep them busy :)