Thursday, October 27, 2011

Vegan Cupcakes For Two

Connor is participating in a lot of parties this time of year.  I think there are a total of {Four} with in a weeks time.  He can never eat the cupcakes or cookies being served.  So....I found a great recipe {HERE}, It's Vegan and it's Healthier than the box stuff.  I have been using this recipe for a while and it works perfectly for what Connor needs!  I double the recipe...just in case.  I would hate for his one and only cupcake to be dropped on the floor and him not have a spare!  He has food allergies...that's why these cupcakes are vegan because they are free of Milk, Eggs, and Peanuts!  They taste wonderful and are really, really moist!  A tad crumbly, but if my 5 year old can handle them....they can't be too messy!

So here we go with my doubled up version of this recipe!

What you will need:
*6 tablespoons flour
*1/8th teaspoon salt
*2 tablespoons non-dairy butter, melted (Smart Balance)
*3 tablespoons non-dairy milk (Rice Milk)
*1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
*1/2 teaspoon baking powder
*2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
*cooking spray, cupcake liners, baking pan


{ONE}
Mix all of your dry ingredients together in a small bowl.

{TWO}
Pour the melted butter, milk, and vanilla into the dry ingredients.

{THREE}
Stir it all up good. Yes, I like to be very thorough with my picture taking steps!

{Four}
Spray your cupcake liners with a light spritzing of non-stick cooking spray.  This definitely helps the cupcakes to come out of their papers easily.

{FIVE}
Divide the batter up evenly between the two of them.
Pop them into a 350 degree oven and cook for 20 min. or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out nice and clean!

Yummy...They came out so well!

All decorated up with Pillsbury Whipped Supreme Icing (it's actually allergy-free for Connor)!

Here it is all packed away into his cute little Cup-a-Cake take along container!

This is also a great recipe because...you can make just one cupcake or two and not have a whole batch hanging around the house!! My oldest son, Ethan, loves these too!

Linking up with:
A Little Knick Knack





AllergyFreeWednesdays

18 comments:

Michelle @ The Willing Cook said...

What a cute little cupcake holder. Often times when I make a whole batch of cupcakes for my son, I will wrap up and freeze the remainder. Then, when he has a party, I just thaw it out and add the icing.

Pidg said...

Haha! I want the cupcake holder too...that's perfect! Those look really yummy actually. I love that you can make just 2!

Katie said...

That cupcake holder may be the most brilliant thing EVER. And these cupcakes sound pretty good! Ill have to share this recipe with a friend that has 3 kiddos with allergies.

Ashley said...

I am going to echo everyone else in saying I want that cupcake holder. It's genius.

Sarah {the fontenot four} said...

Cute!! New follower from followers fest!

Alyx said...

The word "vegan" terrifies me, but these look not only edible... but delicious. I must try them, but not tell the hubs that they're vegan, bc then he would probably not be willing to try them. Weirdo.

Style Outside The Box said...

Just saying Hi from Style Outside the Box! We would love to do a link swap with you! :) New Follower from Oct Fest! :) Come say HI at http://www.styleoutsidethebox.blogspot.com/ Don't Forget to Enter Our Blog Fest Contest!

:)

Style Outside The Box said...

Just saying Hi from Style Outside the Box! We would love to do a link swap with you! :) New Follower from Oct Fest! :) Come say HI at http://www.styleoutsidethebox.blogspot.com/ Don't Forget to Enter Our Blog Fest Contest!

:)

Caitlin@cait. create. said...

Hi Lisa,
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I love meeting other moms of all boys! Love the recipe too! Half of my family is vegan so we are always trying to find good vegan recipes that will make everyone happy :)

Sarah said...

Love that cupcake holder. So cute. Found you through follower fest. I am your newest follower.

Melodee said...

saw you through followers fest, love your ideas:) stop by and see me too...
http://polkadotnotebook.blogspot.com/

Jamie said...

I can't get over how cute the cupcake holder is, it is so adorable! Your cupcakes look divine!

Lori said...

wow, vegan cupcakes?! these look DELICIOUS. i may have to attempt them :) thanks for sharing!

http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Sarah Grecco said...

Wow! Those look delicious! I'm trying to learn how to bake vegan. I still need a LOT of practice!

Mae said...

Found you on Followers Fest. These look amazing!!!

~mae
maemcconnell.blogspot.com

Jen at SweetBabyStylishMom.com said...

Those little cupcake containers are so cool!!

Rolled Up Pretty said...

YUM! Those look delicious! WOW! Thanks for sharing the love and THANKS for linking up to my blog, you are AWESOME! Hope you can link up on Wednesday again :)

Laura said...

Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe on Allergy-Free Wednesdays! Be sure to check back next week for recipe highlights (including the top 3 reader choice submissions and hostess favorites).

Be Well!