Monday, December 5, 2011

~Christmas Time~

We put our Christmas Tree up last week!!  I love the soft lighting it gives off at night when it's dark.  It's usually the only light we have on in the living room in the evenings.  And, this is the first year we have a "star" at the top of our tree.  I really like it!  In the past I've always put an angel at the top, but I think this bright, lit-up star looks really good!  The one thing that I want to change for next year is the tree skirt!  I've had that blue one there at the bottom for years...and I mean Y-E-A-R-S...and It's about had it!  So at the end of the Christmas Season I'm going to be on the lookout for a new one of those~! 

A few years ago I made these ornaments for the boys at one of those clay pottery places....the ones where they glaze them and then fire them in an oven.  The boys love getting to put their own ornaments on the tree.  I always wait for them to be able to help me decorate it.


Every year I buy a new "special" ornament for Riley.  At Hallmark I found this series of little angels. In seven years, I've only missed one, and that was because I didn't know it was a series that came out every year.  After I realized that...I'm on the lookout for this tiny angel every year.  I really love the one for this year.  Isn't he adorable?? 

And last, but not least....I love finding new Christmas music.  This year....this one is my favorite {A Very She & Him Christmas}!  If you've not heard it...you have to.  It's sort of folks-y, blues-y...she's one of my favorite actors AND she's got a great voice!

1 comment:

Alyx said...

I'm definitely gonna have to check out that music! Thanks for the recommendation! Your tree looks wonderful!