Friday, January 27, 2012

Health and Wellness (Stretching and Journaling)

So how did we do this week??  It's still January.  Have you kept up with your New Year's resolution to get healthy, in shape, eat better, drink more water, and/or get enough exercise??

Stretching is important, but one of those things that goes along with exercise that often gets overlooked.  I know I would forget to do it when I first started going to the gym and getting back into exercising a few months ago.  I have been pretty diligent with it, though, since the beginning of January.  


Stretching has a lot of benefits!  
1. It helps keep you be flexible! 
2. It improves your circulation...especially when you are working out.
3. It gives you better Posture.
4. It keeps away aches and pains during and after exercising.
{The inside of my left knee used to hurt when I would use the Arc Trainer for any amount of time, but since I began stretching it out regularly...it hasn't hurt me one bit!}
5. It's a big stress reliever...it helps tight, tense muscles!
6. Did I mention that it feels, oh so good??

Here is a link for a list of stretching exercises and proper technique ...which is really important!!
~The pictures are a bit hokey, but the info is good~

Another thing that I have jumped on board with this week is Journaling...keeping a Food Journal!
I used to always write everything down that I ate, but had gotten out of the habit of it.  I felt like I was floating at the same weight for over 2 weeks, even when I was eating all of the right things.  So I decided to start keeping a food journal again to keep me accountable for everything I was putting into my body...including water!  If you have hit a wall and can't seem to drop any more weight...I encourage you to go get a small notebook or a real food journal and write it all down...every last bite!  Also, keep track of the exercise you have done for the day.  It helps to see where you may need improvement!


Here's how I did this week:

~Drank LOTS of water...I shoot for 75oz a day.  
~Exercised 4 different days at the gym, and 1 day at home.
~Kept a food journal of all seven days.
~Stayed away from ALL wheat!!
~Stayed away from ALL sugar!!
~Lost a total of 3.2 pounds this week!!~~
{Yeah, I was pretty proud of myself}

{How did you do??}

Linking up this week:
The Scott's Crib



day2day joys

3 comments:

Alyx said...

I agree - stretching is definitely one of the best things you can do for your body!
Great post!

Latoya @ The Scott's Crib said...

You did such a marvelous job this week dear! I so have to get back on board...we were out of town this weekend and we had a few gift cards for restaurants to use and let's just say I wasn't behaving:) Thanks for motivating me, gotta get back on things this week!

Anne @ Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy said...

Great tips! Thanks for sharing at Healthy 2Day Wednesday!v