Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fun Marshmallow Pops for Easter

I made some really easy, fast and fun marshmallow pops for Easter.  There are so many combos a person could do, but this is what I went with: Chocolate and Vanilla....you can't really go wrong there!

What you'll need to make these:
lollipop sticks (found in the baking/craft area)
large (regular) size marshmallows
chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life for an allergy-free version)
vanilla icing (or you could try vanilla almond bark)
Sprinkles
mini-muffin wrappers


Directions: (for vanilla icing pops)
Place a marshmallow on a stick, then spread icing all over it.  Hold it over a bowl and shake sprinkles on next.  You could also melt vanilla almond bark and either dip the marshmallow in it or drizzle it on like I did with the chocolate.  I just didn't use it because my son's food allergies.  So for him these were completely safe and allergy-free!  So after you have put on the sprinkles...you just put them into the mini-muffin wrappers.  


Directions: (for the chocolate pops)
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 sec. increments, stirring after each on until desired consistency. Put a pop stick through a marshmallow, and with a spoon, drizzle the chocolate all around the marshmallow while you turn it.  Then drop sprinkles on it while holding it over a bowl so you can catch the sprinkles and reuse them on some of the others.  Then you just stuck them in a mini-muffin wrapper for a super cute look!  I also put them in the refrigerator for about 5 to 10 min. to set the chocolate.


I originally found this idea on Pinterest....go (HERE) if you would like to see some really amazing and I'm sure tasty combinations for your marshmallow pops!
I am so making these for a take to school treat next time one of my boys has a birthday.  They are so easy and fun for the kids to eat!


It was my birthday on Good Friday this year...April 6th.  My mom stopped by my house after she got off work and surprised me with a few birthday balloons!  We also went shopping the following day...~ :)  Birthday's are always fun....and I'll have you know that I am 29...AGAIN! lol



Linking up with:
Skip To My Lou
realfoodallergyfree

4 comments:

Katie said...

these look so good and are so fun looking! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY LISA!!!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Yum! Too cute! Happy belated birthday-mine was the 3rd! Blessings, Sharon

Rolled Up Pretty said...

Those seriously are SO DANG CUTE! Good job!

Michelle @ The Willing Cook said...

So cute! I made 1 attempt at cake pops and have sworn that I'll never try it again. A marshmallow version looks doable though. Have I missed you at AFW lately? We're so glad you linked up this week at Allergy-Free Wednesdays! As always, we hope to see you back again next week.

~Michelle, AFW Hostess