Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers (Low Carb, Allergy Friendly)

I made these stuffed peppers in my crock pot yesterday.  It was the first time I had ever tried them in the crock pot before.  They came out fully cooked and perfect!  So I'm sharing the recipe with you.  Don't they look delicious?? :)


Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
3 large bell peppers or 4 small ones
1 to 1 1/2 cup of grated cauliflower (about 1/3 of a large head)
1 can Italian style diced tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (more for serving)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup water
crock pot


{1} Grate or chop your cauliflower.  I used my little electric chopper and did it in batches until I had the entire head of cauliflower done.  I'm going to use the rest of the cauliflower for {This} Pizza recipe.  You just want your cauliflower to look like the picture shown...about the size of rice!


{2} Cut the tops off of your peppers...saving them, and hollow out the seeds and insides.  Wash them up, and arrange them in the crock pot so they fit nicely.  I ended up having to use a different more oval shape crock pot than the one shown previously because all three of them wouldn't fit.  They were pretty large peppers!


{3} Mix the ground beef, cauliflower, drained can of diced tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and 1/4 cup of spaghetti sauce.  I mixed it with my hand to make sure it was thoroughly combined.


{4} Fill each pepper up...heaping up over the top some is just fine!  Add the rest of the spaghetti sauce (1/4 cup) to the tops of the meat mixture.


{5} Put the pepper tops back on.  You don't have to cut the stems out, but I did.  Pour about 1/3 cup of water in the bottom on your crock pot around the peppers.  Cook them on low 6 to 8 hours...or on high 4 to 6 hours.  I cooked mine on high for exactly 5 hours.  They were perfect!  


Enjoy~!!


Linking up with:
willingcook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Makin' these for tonight~ :) I did add some extra hotness in Mat and dad's. Also, did 3 in coffee cups for the kids. Thanks for that idea too! Krista